The Safety and Future Directions brief includes both external and internal obligations relating to aviation safety and ensuring that CASA has a framework for development of future strategies.
Internal obligations include:
- responsibility for safety oversight, monitoring and surveillance of safety management systems
- ensuring that the Civil Aviation Safety Authority meets the Government's expectations with reference to ICAO convention
External obligations include:
- provision of a framework for governance and to implement strategies for risk management and aviation community relationships
- provision of scheduled or random safety inspections if required
- update of safety and policy management manuals as directed