The Civil Aviation Safety Authority of Papua New Guinea was established in 2010 by the Civil Aviation Act 2000 (as amended). CASA PNG is a statutory body with legal mandate to promote aviation safety and security through effective safety regulation of the civil aviation industry, with particular emphasis on preventing aviation accidents and incidents within the civil aviation system in Papua New Guinea.
Our VISION is to be respected as an industry regulator and as a partner in regional and international Civil Aviation and our MISSION we promote compliance and achieve safety and security outcomes in Papua New Guinea through positive and productive engagement with our stakeholders. CASA PNG's roles and functions include; to monitor, enhance and promote Civil Aviation Safety and Security.
The functions of CASA PNG specified under section 12 of the Act are:
• Developing, establishing, and promulgating safety and security standards relating to entry into the civil aviation system;
• Monitoring adherence to safety and security standards;
• Conducting comprehensive aviation industry surveillance on an individual and industry-wide basis;
• Ensuring regular reviews of the civil aviation system to monitor performance and to promote improvement and development of its safety and security;
• Maintain aviation documentation including the register of aircraft;
• Investigating and reviewing civil aviation accidents and incidents in its capacity as the responsible safety and security authority.